In light of Quebec Premier Francois Legault announcing that all non-essential businesses and services in the province will shut down for three weeks beginning tonight at midnight, we wanted to share some information with you:
– Accounting and financial services are considered an essential service so we are not affected by the shut-down.
– Extra precautions are in place in our office. This includes extra cleaning/sanitizing and where possible – social/physical distancing to reduce personal contact.
– Our office is open but we are asking all clients to either drop their information package through the mail slot in the front door, or if you prefer to come in, just leave the package in the marked box at the front entryway.
– We will continue to process your taxes in our office. If we need further information from you, we will reach out via phone or email.
– Once your return is ready for pick-up, we will call you to make arrangements that best suit your needs.
– Payment for our services can be done over the phone via credit card, in person when you pick up, or you can e-transfer to from your bank account.
– We also are asking everyone to not delay getting us their information. Even though there is a deadline extension, there is a tremendous amount of work to be done, the earlier you can get us your information, the more time we will have to complete it. As in years past, if you bring your information in too late, we may not have the capacity to complete it by the deadline.
– Don’t forget, Quebec and federal governments announced that the tax filing deadline was extended to June 1, 2020, with Quebec payment due on September 1, 2020 and federal payments also due September 1, 2020. We will continue to work to ensure that this deadline is met by all our clients. We encourage you to continue to provide us with your tax slips in a timely fashion so that we can better serve you. We might not be able to accommodate all late comers, so please help us help you.
We thank you for your business and your trust. We’re going to get through this, together.
The Matheson Carson Team