Like you, we are concerned about the growing the global situation that Covid-19 presents and wanted to share with you how Matheson, Carson & Associates Inc is responding to support your health and well-being. In these uncertain times, we understand that there are high levels of confusion, fear, and uncertainty that we haven’t experienced in years and for some of us, ever before.
We Are 100% Operational
- If you’ve already dropped off your tax papers, thank you, rest assured we are working on them.
- Given the quickly evolving nature of this virus, we are closely following advisories of the Provincial Health Officer, the World Health Organization and the Public Health Agency of Canada. At the moment, easily implemented and simple precautions are being suggested to keep you and our staff safe.
- We ask that you drop your tax papers off in the box that has been placed in the front entry which allows me to collect them before the next client comes in. (Your papers will not be mixed with any others.) Another option is to put your papers through the mail slot in the door, or send them to us by mail. With these added precautions, we plan to have business remain as usual.. We will be updating our Facebook page (to follow us Click here) and our Website (www.mathesoncarson.com) with any changes, so please check them regularly.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing is the number one safety measure, in addition to covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing , and avoiding contact with your face.
- If you are experiencing coughing, difficulty breathing or fever, which are all symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you avoid coming to the office, but rather ask someone to mail your tax papers to us instead.
- We are disinfecting doorknobs, tap handles, desk surfaces and other hand holding surfaces hourly or as needed.
- If your just coming back from abroad, please self-isolate yourself for the required 14 days before coming in.
- This past week, both the Quebec and federal governments announced that the tax filing deadline was extended to June 1, 2020, with Quebec payment due on July 31, 2020 and federal payments due August 31, 2020. We will continue to work to ensure that this deadline is met by all our clients. We encourage you to continue to provide us with your tax slips in a timely fashion so that we can better serve you. We might not be able to accommodate all late comers, so please help us help you.
Thank you for your continued support.